I Said Yes! is the proud sponsor of WEDS UCF (Wedding and Event Design Students University of Central Florida). The purpose of this sponsorship is to bridge the gap between current industry leaders and future industry leaders. Follow them on Instagram.
To achieve this, we are opening lines of communication, creating educational opportunities, providing connections to vendors who need interns, volunteers and employees. As well as opportunities for WEDS UCF members to network, polish their professional skills and create future opportunities for themselves.
Table of Contents
What is WEDS UCF?
The mission of the WEDS UCF is to help prepare students for their future careers in the wedding planning industry and provide opportunities for them to gain knowledge and experience.
Further, the goals of Wedding Event and Design Students are to spread our name, teach and inform students about the wedding planning industry, and gain more novice members who will become wedding consultants. We are to meet in person over the semesters to give our members the opportunity to network with one another and with the wedding pro panelists present.
Established in 2011 as ABC, the club has grown to influence hundreds of students over the years. The President Danielle Bellettierre and her Vice-President Olivia Roudebush at the time wanted to set up a way to link Rosen students to the wedding industry. The idea of WEDS UCF was birthed during the fall of 2021 and hosts around 35-40 members every semester. Their goal is to rekindle the relationship with wedding pros and challenge their students to network, volunteer and build career skills.
How You Can Make An Impact
As part of bridging the gap between current industry professionals and future industry professionals, WEDS UCF students must accumulate volunteer hours. Consider being an example and teacher to these students by submitting a request for assistance using the form below. Assistance examples:
- Volunteer to assist with events
- Part-time/Full-time employment
- Special Projects
- Social media assistance
- Office personnel
- Sample group for company surveys for your target market
- Members are looking for experience and exposure to all aspects of the industry.
Remember when you where a “starving” college student? Well, these students are “starving” for supplies and scholarships. If you don’t have the time, or needs to provide volunteer/internship opportunities, then assist these students financially.
Option 1: Supplies
- Snacks/Drinks for meetings
- Vendor magazines, photobooks, flowers, or any items to be on display at meetings
- Funding for WEDS UCF branded items, such as shirts, pens, stickers, and cups
Option 2: Scholarships
- Each year WEDS UCF provides scholarships to some of their members. The university approved program is managed by the board, but as a donor, you can be a part of the approval process.
- For more details on this program coming soon